Monday, November 30, 2015

Portfolio Update - 30 November 2015

The market recovery in October proved to be short lived. Looming US rate hike and Slowdown of Chinese economy determined the market sentiment and the stock prices moved south this month. Other negative factors included terror attack in Paris, lacklustre corporate earning results, China probe in the brokerage firms, etc.

STI closed today at 2,855.94 for the month of November, dropped 142.41, or 4.75% compared with last month. My portfolio, though performed better than the index, saw its value decreased by 2.99% from last month (exclude new investment).

This month, I bought some shares from Nera Tel, Cache Log Trust and KSH. I also received shares from MapletreeLog Trust via scrip dividend scheme.

Total dividend received this month amounts to S$10,852.26, including dividends received from Bond(FCL retail bond) and UT.

Below are my top 30 holdings as at 30 November 2015. SIA and Ascendas HT dropped off the list, and were replaced by Saizen Reit and SingShipping. Total fund injected was about S$19,000.

1.       ComfortDelGro
2.       SPH
3.       OCBC Bank
4.       DBS
5.       Ausnet Services
6.       Kep Inf Tr fKa CIT
7.       Metro
8.       ST Engineering
9.       Sembcorp Ind
10.   SGX
11.   Starhub
12.   Frasers Comm Tr
13.   CapitaLand
14.   AIMSAMP Cap Reit
15.   SATS
16.   OUE
17.   Keppel Corp
18.   Nam Lee Metal
19.   Ascendas Reit
20.   Nikko AM STI ETF 100
21.   CapitaComm Tr
22.   Stamford Land
23.   YZJ Shipbldg SGD
24.   United Engineers
25.   Saizen Reit
26.   Global Inv
27.   SingTel
28.   Mapletree Log Tr
29.   Sing Inv & Fin
30.   SingShipping




10 comments:

Arthur Wang said...

It was often mentioned that unit trust fees charged by the firm will eat up most of your profits in the long-run. What's your views of your unit trust investment?

Sanye ◎ 三页 said...

Hi Arthur,

It's true that the management fee will erode the profits. The upfront charge also.
I invest mostly in funds that pay regular dividend. The prices may not move very much, but I receive dividend regularly. Dividend can be used to re-invest in the funds or elsewhere.

I don't switch funds very often, rather hold the funds for long term investment.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sanye,
In your portfolio there is aberdeen pacific equity(understand that it is an ever green and quality funds), it dont pay dividend from my understanding, would you mind to share with us your view the reason you have brought?

Regards,
Jason

Sanye ◎ 三页 said...

Hi Jason,

This UT was bought long long time ago, when dividend was not my main criteria of investment. I have kept the fund in my portfolio because its performance was reasonable and I don't need to use the money elsewhere. It is only a small position.

LKH said...

Care to share which UT you bought that give regular dividends and What is the yield of the UT? Thanks.

Sanye ◎ 三页 said...

HI LKH,

Below are the UT's that pay me regular dividend income. The yield number are the yield in 2015 base on my purchase price and may differ from the fund fact sheets. I am just sharing what I invest. This is not a recommendation of what UT to buy. Please do your due diligence before you invest in any of them.

Schroder Asian Income (5.7%)
Allianz Bernstein Gl. H. Y. Port (6.2%)
UBS BOND FUND EURO HIGH YIELD P(UBEHS) (6%)
Allianz Income & Growth Fund (8.4%)
BGF EUROPEAN EQUITY INCOME FUND A6 SGD HEDGED (4.4%)
Schroder ISF Global Dividend D Maximiser ADIS-SGD (8.5%)

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Just wondering your purpose in keeping Nikko ETF in your portfolio.

Sanye ◎ 三页 said...

Hi Anonymous,

No special purpose. I was trying out if index investing was the way to go when I bought it with my SRS fund. Didn't really like it because of the low liquidity but kept it since then.

cookie said...

hi sanye,

i got a question. in my experience, i noted that april and july are low months for dividends as most companies don't pay during these 2 months. I noted that ur dividends from non-shares for April and July are more than the other months comparatively. I wonder how u arrange it in such a way(if u planned it in such a way)

thanks,

Paul Low

Sanye ◎ 三页 said...

yoland king,

I invest in a UT that pays dividend in Jan, Apr, July and Oct. Since I bought it in late January last year, I only started to receive dividend from April. UT dividend in January will be higher in 2016. :)