Sunday, August 31, 2014

29 August 2014

August has not been a good month for share investors. STI has been in negative region (compare to end of July) the whole month. Globally, the stock market is still affected by the Middle East and East European Conflicts. European market continues to be weak but U.S. seems less affected.

As at today, STI closed at 3327.09, down 46.97 point, or 1.39% from July. My portfolio performed slightly better than STI this month, thanks to UE, whose price shot up more than 20% on talk of acquisition. Portfolio value was down 1.00% from last month, net of new funds injected.

I bought shares of Popular, LeeMetal and Cache Log Trust this month. I also participated in scrip dividend scheme from some MapletreeLog, MapletreeInd, First Reit, FraserComm, and CapitaChinaR.

The Unit trust I bought last month started to pay dividend. This boosted the total dividend income for this month to S$18,000. I think I am on track to reach my passive income target this year.

Below are the top 30 holdings as at 29 Aug 2014. This is the second months in a row when there is no change in the "membership" of the list.

1.   SPH
2.   ComfortDelGro
3.   DBS
4.   OCBC Bank
5.   Ausnet Services
6.   Sembcorp Ind
7.   ST Engineering
8.   Starhub
9.   Frasers Comm Tr
10. SGX
11. Metro
12. CapitaLand
13. United Engineers
14. CapitaComm Tr
15. CitySpring Trust
16. AIMSAMP Cap Reit
17. Sembcorp Marine
18. Nikko AM STI ETF 100
19. Lippo Malls Tr
20. Keppel Corp
21. Ascendas Reit
22. YZJ Shipbldg SGD
23. Mapletree Log Tr
24. Sing Inv & Fin
25. SingTel
26. SATS
27. Global Inv
28. PanUnited
29. SIA
30. Sabana Reit

3 comments:

cookie said...

don't worry so much abt sti dji nikkei etc...invest for long and enjoy life...smell the roses as you go by!

http://paullowinvestmentjourney.blogspot.sg/

Sanye ◎ 三页 said...

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your comment. I am not at all worrying about STI going down or up. I record it in my blog just for reference. I am investing for income.

You have an interesting blog there. And yes I am vested in Stamford Land too.

K said...

Hi,

May I ask what is your (reasonable) target for a Singapore dividend yield portfolio? 5%?

Thanks.