Thursday, September 30, 2010

30 September 2010

Global equity had a good show in this month. One analyst said even this is the "best September since 1939". Unfortunately the advancing of stock prices lost steam in the last few days of the month. Though STI failed to end the month above the pschological 3,100 point, I should be satisfied with my portfolio performance in September.

All counters but 1 ended above or level last month-end. Portfolio value increase by 6.07%(net of dividend and fresh fund invested), compared to end of August. In the same period STI rose 4.99%. I received S$4,059 in cash dividend, which I reinvested. I topped up Metro Holdings, and bought into Cache Reit. I was also awarded some Cambridge shares through script dividend scheme. Besides the dividend, I invested another 5K.
Below are the top 30 holdings, not much change, only UE replaced AscottReit (swop position).

1.   SPH
2.   OCBC Bk
3.   ComfortDelGro
4.   Semb Corp
5.   DBS
6.   ST Engineering
7.   F & N
8.   SP AusNet
9.   SIA
10. SGX
11. Starhub
12. CapitaLand
13. CitySpring
14. CoscoCorp
15. FraserComm
16. SATS
17. SembMar
18. DBS STI ETF 100
19. Noble Group
20. MetroHldg
21. Kep Corp
22. CapitaComm
23. Yangzijiang
24. MacqIntInfra
25. FrasersCT
26. KS Energy
27. MapletreeLog
28. SingTel
29. SuntecReit
30. UE

I have also applied for AscottReit Preferential shares and AimSampIReit rights shares. Next month I intend to participate in MLT Preferential shares issue and MIT and GIC IPO. Maybe worth to record is I applied for SIA bond also.

3 comments:

JW said...

Hi Sanye,

I was considering CACHE too, but I'm unsure as it is above it's IPO price and above it's NAV.

Could you share your reasons why you decided to buy into Cache? Thanks!

Sanye ◎ 三页 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sanye ◎ 三页 said...

Hi JW,

I wanted to increase my holding in logistics sector, as I am optimistic in this sector. Ichose CACHE for its high yield and relatively low gearing.